I still have quite some updates that I should put on my blog (among others the visit of Gert which was very very nice :-)) but this is just a short one about another American experience.
Yesterday for the first time in my life I bet money on a horse race, the Kentucky Derby!! My American friend Mallory was very much into it and she convinced me. $2 on Ice Box, betting he/she (?) would finish 1, 2 or 3. Payback time: $7.40 with a nice profit of $5.40. :-)
(Mallory bet on 4 different horses for a total of $8 and her profit was even nicer: $8)
Little side note: very exceptionally we were at the office in the weekend and when going from my office to hers to watch the race on a larger screen I locked myself out. :-s A little bit confusing to decide if it was a lucky day...
Abonneren op:
Reacties posten (Atom)
If only you had dared betting $2000 instead of $2 ... ;-)
BeantwoordenVerwijderenWie het kleine niet begeert... ;-)
BeantwoordenVerwijderen